Make a Donation!
How to use Acrobat Reader
These instructions will help you read PDF files either in the browser or as separate downloads.
- Download the free program for your platform from Adobe's website: Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Installation of the program will also place the plugin into your browser and allow you read smaller PDF files within it.
- For larger files, it is recommended that you press on the link and select "Download to Disk" or "Save This Link As" from the menu that comes up.
This gives better results than viewing files in the browser with a plug-in because you will have the whole file and can open it in the Acrobat Reader program. The browser may have difficulty
displaying larger files, especially if you are on dialup.
- Once you have the file on your harddrive, set Acrobat Reader to view the file at 100% and print.
- File sizes will be noted in brackets in order to determine which would be better to download to disk and view in the viewer rather than in the browser.
Back to Top